Pages

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Las Fallas



FALLAS! It is basically a festival in Valencia and they celebrate it by creating these huge statues and placing them all over the city. These statues, however, are eventually burnt! I loved Fallas but it did get very annoying at times during these 5 days due to the Mascleta (firecrackers) and Desperta: a kind of a wake up call every morning which consisted of a band marching down the streets of Valencia at 8am :/ Other than that everything was really cool - including the burning of the statues which I found to be very fascinating.

Old Valencia was literally just filled with people - it was really nice. The people were dressed in such beautiful traditional Valencian clothes whilst marching the streets; even the babies.They looked sooooo cute! One of the most amazing things were the lights! The city was lit up beautifully :)

During these 5 fallas days, I did of course go out for Tapas in the city centre to get the feel of the festive atmosphere. I also spent a day at the beach just playing cards and chilling although I am NOT looking forward to getting a tan as I am already very brown! :D

Another exciting thing I did - went to see a bull fight! Now, I know a lot of people have issues with this and are against it but I am in Spain and I want to make the most of it! It was pretty cool, I have always wanted to see one.

I think that pretty much sums up my busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment