Pages

Saturday 22 February 2014

Mi Familia


Although I have said goodbye to my family numerous times in the past - this time it was different I don't know why. Maybe because this time I was the one watching them leave instead of the other way round. After saying bye to them from the entrance of the residence .. I ran to my room and waited by the window just to see a last glimpse of what I will see of them until I go home for Easter. (Oh, I still have to book the flights for that!). I did get a chance to see them drive away .. it just made me feel so weird. I definitely believe that we don't value our family as much as we should because we know they will always be there no matter what and may end up taking them for granted at times.

Enough with the emotional talk, let's talk about their time here in Valencia. Of course I was the tour guide for these four days and we pretty much did everything there is to do here. First of all, they drove here.. Yes, from England! So hats off to my Dad for that - that was awesome!

So by the time they got here it was pretty late, I think about 5pm.. They had already checked in to the apartment they were staying at and had come to see me. We were in my room for about an hour or so and then we went for dinner. I took them to have some Tapas - typically Spanish :D They did like it actually, so I was glad. We went back to mine to get my things as I was going to stay with them for the time they were here. Obviously when we got back to their apartment we just talked for hours :)

The next day was the sightseeing day - we did everything possible. Old Valencia, City of Arts and the Beach. That doesn't sound like a lot but for those of you who know Valencia, know how much there is to see in Old Valencia - including the silk market, Mercado Central, Cathedral etc. This obviously took up the whole day so after the beach we went back home and mum made dinner.

The final day me and my parents went to the Botanical Gardens whilst my sisters went to the Science Museum at the City of Arts an Sciences. We were there for about two hours then we went back home because everyone had to pack as they were leaving early morning the next day :(

After that we went to have dinner - the original plan was to drop me home after dinner but I ended up staying with them for the night. They had to drive to Paris in the morning, that is why they had to leave so early because they wanted to see a bit of Paris before going for their ferry in Calais.

So, they left ..

No comments:

Post a Comment