Pages

Tuesday 4 February 2014

hola España!


I love Spain. You may say it is too early to say this as it's only been two days but so what? I love it at the moment and I am sure I won't change my mind about it!

And just to let you know, everything went well at the airport :D haha.

I obviously haven't gone sightseeing or anything like that because I have ALOT of time to do all that! But for now seeing the weather, people, university and food is enough for me! I was nervous for no reason .. yes, people don't speak English here but it isn't as hard as I thought it would be. I had negative expectations so I am now pleasantly surprised!

The weather and housing structure here reminds me of Pakistan although it is really weird but I haven't seen any houses here - only flats/apartments. The roads are much wider than England and speaking of roads, they drive on the right hand side here so I always get confused! I nearly got run over yesterday because I was looking left instead of right whilst crossing -_- Of course I'll probably get used to it but I guess I need to be more careful.

So, the weirdest thing - I had an international students' meeting and I met this girl there who was also on the plane with me! Now obviously, when you see people on the plane you don't randomly just go up to them and start chatting away; unless of course they're sitting next to you. When I went for the meeting I recognised her coat and head scarf and then we got talking and immediately after we went for lunch which was nice because I hadn't made any friends till this point. Her name is Hafsa by the way.

Anyway, my first few days in Valencia have been really good and I am very excited to start my classes (nerd mode on) and meet new people!

Oh, and about the food.- I had squid for lunch :o For those who know me, I do not even go close to anything that looks the least bit slithery or slimy but turns out there aren't many veggie options here in Valencia so I'll just have to let go of my ego and eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment