Pages

Saturday 11 January 2014

Worst Birthday Ever.


Where do I start? ...

I have had the worst experience of my life yet. So, my flight was due to leave on 6th January.. two days before my birthday. But when did I get home? On the 9th of January. And why? Because of the stupid snow! OMG I hated every minute of the time I was at that airport! Yes, I was at the airport for three days straight :o

The flight I was supposed to go on got cancelled due to the snow storm and the next two available also got cancelled so I had to go back home and come again the next day. That was worse, the next day they put me on 7 different flights and they all got delayed delayed delayed cancelled. Again and again and again.

The problem was I had flights with connecting flights from America so even if the flights from Canada were going the ones in America were being cancelled. So they finally gave me direct flights from Toronto to England but even that didn't help because they were all being delayed and cancelled.

So for three days I was literally running from check-in to gate back to baggage claim then check in to gate ... you get the idea. Of course I was shattered! I hadn't slept properly for three days and because of that I felt nauseated so I hardly ate anything.

The worst was when I boarded on the plane and were about to take off but then the captain said there is a technical issue with the plane and it is not safe to fly so they delayed that flight. I cannot explain to you the joy I felt in my heart the moment the plane left the ground and we were up in the air - I think I even cried of happiness. Obviously, I wouldn't have done that in a normal state but I was for from normal at that point in time - I was so annoyed and frustrated and tired and .. well the list can go on forever but unfortunately this post can't so I'll stop there. When I finally got home, I literally just went to sleep for (I think) 14 hours straight; didn't even eat.

The worst part of all this was me spending my 21st birthday at the airport like that. Plus, I didn't even celebrate it when I got back - there was nothing, not even cake :o Yes there will be more birthdays and yes there are worse things happening in the world but that doesn't mean I am not able to get upset about such things!

Anyway, I think that's enough of a rant from me. I will definitely not be going to Canada any time in the near future. And as for my Canadian friends, it's your turn to come see me in England anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment