Pages

Tuesday 31 December 2013

Nearly Home


I spoke too soon. It has been snowing so so much ever since :/

My grandparents are finally here! :D I am very close to them and I haven't seen them for three years so I am naturally very ecstatic to be with them!

My routine here is literally just playing, eating and sleeping! I am really happy about getting real home-cooked food though. Yes, I did cook in Sherbrooke but of course it is never the same as my mum's or in this case my Mami's (Aunt's).

As mentioned before, I love kids so I have been spending a lot of time with Nuaym and Nawal (2 and 8 years old). As well as that, my Uncle and Aunt have a lot of family friends here so we have gone to a few gatherings/dinners which was also nice because in England we don't have many family friends and plus I met a lot of other girls of my age group at these dinners so it was good.

To be honest though, I am looking forward to going back to England. As much as I have liked Canada, home is home and I miss England more than I thought I would.. I think the snow is getting to me! Only one more week! :o

I haven't seen much of Toronto yet, we did go to the city centre and also Niagara Falls to see the fireworks a couple of days ago but again, it was too cold to stay out for too long - how do people live in Canada?

It's New Years tomorrow! What? I think 2013 has been my best year so far! I have made so many good friends and experienced so much! Although one thing I have definitely learnt is that friends eventually become family.

Who said 13 is unlucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment