Pages

Thursday 28 November 2013

Quebec City


I thought Ottawa was nice but Quebec City is beyond pretty! It was like winter wonderland there! Obviously the amount of snow and Christmas decorations helped but it was generally beautiful!

Before I get into that though, I gotta tell you all that I met another brown girl! :o (that may sound a bit rude to you but I'm brown so I'm allowed to say it!). Anyway, I met Milly a few days ago at Jules party. I had seen her once or twice before around Lennoxville but obviously I didn't go up and just speak to her. You don't just go up to someone and be like "Hey, I'm brown and I see that you're brown too so let's be friends?" LOL. But yeah, we got talking and she realised I'm from England - turns out that she is considering coming to Hertfordshire; how random? You probably think I'm crazy but the only reason I'm a tad bit excited is because honestly Bishop's lacks brown people. I think there are about 10 (if that) of us in this University.

What does Milly's existence have to do with this blog post? Well the only reason I remembered her was because she's from Quebec City and when we arrived to Quebec City I texted her to ask for recommendations.

Anyway, let's get back on track. Where was I? Oh yes, QC is amazing!
We rented a car for the four of us - Me, Aurora, Jessa and Rekia. Aurora drove and it was about a four hour drive. When we got there on Friday morning, we checked in to the hotel and immediately started with the sight seeing.

The Christmas market was right next to our hotel so we started with that. After that we walked around the city but it was so so cold, I'm not even kidding! We didn't really have a plan, we were just walking around and sometimes its just nice to go with the flow. We found the City Hall, Parliament building and saw old Quebec which was beautiful, I have to say. By this point of course we were tired so we went back to the hotel so rest a bit and then we went out for dinner. Again, we didn't really plan where to eat, we just looked around until we found a nice place - that way we could explore the hidden streets as well. Dinner was good, was just a veggie burger and chips though.

The next day was a bit more structured. We decided to see the Battlefields Park, Boardwalk and Chateau Frontenac. This took us the whole day so we had an early dinner then walked around a bit more but in the direction of the hotel. Two of us headed back for the hotel whilst the other two hit the pub!

Day 3 - time for the Montmorency Falls! Honestly, it was awesome out there - but FREEZING cold. We literally just went on the bridge to see the falls, walked around the forest a bit and went back. I don't think we were even there for hardly an hour. We had taken the bus so it took us around half an hour but the bus took us straight to the falls so it wasn't that bad. We took the bus back to the city centre which meant SHOPPING! That took some time obviously as we were 4 girls! But it was a fun day which came to an end it was eventually time to go back :(

But believe me, QC was really good - definitely the best out of the three. I had a great weekend with great people!

P.S. I dyed my hair back to black! Even though I loved the brown ombre I did miss my original jet black hair! Plus, everyone had always told me I looked better in plain black so I just did it.

22/11/13 - 24/11/13

No comments:

Post a Comment