Pages

Monday 18 November 2013

The rest of this weekend.


So I booked my flights for Toronto and London yesterday! I cannot even explain how excited I am to go to Toronto :D Of course England too but for now the excitement is for Toronto, England's excitement will have to wait..

Today I actually took the bus with Aurora and Jessa into Sherbrooke - I mean the centre, out of Lennoxville! I have been living here for nearly three months and I have not been out of Lennoxville once, not even once. That is the height of my laziness but I guess the cold weather doesn't help either; I'm sure I won't be this lazy in Spain - at least I hope not!

Anyway, back to Canada, erm .. I forgot where I was. Yeah, so we first walked around looking for a restaurant to eat at - it took us about half an hour because the one we wanted to go to we couldn't find and then when we finally found it there wasn't much to eat there; just snacky things. Plus, it was raining so it was super annoying being lost and not being able to find it. Though, one thing we found very weird is that they asked for ID to eat in :/ which didn't make any sense. But we left as we were pretty hungry. We didn't walk much further to find this Italian restaurant. I have to say, it was the best vegetarian pasta I have ever had!

After that we went to the cinema, we hadn't really decided what to watch but when we got there they told us that most of the movies were in French .. yes, awkward. They only had two movies in English so it was either between 12 Years A Slave or About Time and we weren't really in the mood for a American history emotional kind of movie so About Time it was. This movie was British so of course it was close to my heart - just kidding. It did turn out to be pretty good, even though I don't like Rachel McAdams and I had never seen that guy actor before but we had a good time.

By the time we were finished, the buses had stopped running so we had to get a taxi. One very annoying thing I find about America and Canada is giving tips - okay maybe tipping waiters is acceptable but tipping taxi drivers? No?! Everyone knows that taxi drivers charge us way more than they should anyway so the idea of tipping them just annoyed me. Anyway, rant over. Overall it was an awesome weekend! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment