Pages

Tuesday 15 October 2013

Long Eid Weekend! :D


Starting from where I left off - I had the brunch at my friend's house and it was really nice; felt just like a big family feast :D. Pancakes, scones, croissants, cake, bread, pasta and (of course) VEGEMITE! What is that, you may ask? It's the Australian version of marmite :/. Anyway, they had this really cool back yard; forest-like with a little stream running through it. So we just went down the hill and walked through the cold stream.

So that was Sunday. On Monday I had the little party for the day before Eid - Had Anum, Madhiha and a few other girls round for food (iftaar) and henna. Food because we were fasting and henna for Eid! We also made these little goody bags for the guests which will be coming to our Muslim Society Eid party on Sunday - so it was a good night, especially because of the henna ;) because Eid is NOT the same without it! Atleast to me.

Today was a LONG day - EID DAY! :D. So I had to wake up at 6am because Eid prayers were at 7am at the mosque. I was at the Mosque till 9am and then I came home by 9.30am. Tried going to sleep considering I had only had 6 hours sleep but I couldn't really do that because Anum was going to come over for henna again at 11am. She came over and we just talked and ate and talked some more, and of course I put the henna on her. My house-mates really liked it, they've requested for me to put it on them too :). Anum left at about 1.40pm so I just skyped my family and tried studying for the rest of the day - BOOORING (the studying part ofcourse :D).

At 7pm we went to this Eid dinner at someone's house - Madhiha's family was invited and she invited me to go along with them. It was nice getting to know the people there and plus the food was nice ;). Basically, this Eid was better than I expected it to be :)

I am actually SO sleepy right now; going to try and get some sleep as it's BACK TO SCHOOL tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment