Pages

Sunday 13 October 2013

I am thankful for life.


Today was awesome. Thanksgiving is such an amazing tradition - we should definitely have it in England!

So my friend Vilde invited me to this exchange student Thanksgiving Dinner thing and it was SO cool. We had dinner, desserts; there was LOADS of food. Everyone had brought something and the house was full of food, I'm not even exaggerating.

The family whose home we were in were family friends of an exchange student from Australia. It was really really kind of them to have us and give us the opportunity to celebrate Thanksgiving with so many different people.There were thirty eight in the house (we counted) and there were many many different cultures, languages and people from various countries all under one roof - it was so cool.

After eating we sat and talked for a while, took pictures - OBVIOUSLY and then we went out and roasted marshmallows. There was guitar playing and we sang songs - all around a bonfire :) It was so nice :D Some people might be thinking that I'm making this bit up but I'm really not :o

After I came home, Madhiha was at my door waiting for me - we were gonna practice henna designs for Eid! We did that for a bit, talked for ages about absolutely everything, had cupcakes, talked some more and I also taught her how to play the cups for the cup song! Well, I tried. We also planned our chand raat party and decided on my Eid clothes. Basically, we just did girly things till 1am and then she left - I had the biryani she brought for me which was SO nice! And now I'm here writing this post.

I've gotta go to a brunch tomorrow so I probably have to be there for 12pm meaning I need to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment