Pages

Sunday 29 September 2013

Weekend


So, had a nice weekend.

Madhihs's mum was kind enough to drive me around town so I could buy my groceries because, as I said, Lennoxville is a pretty small town and you can't get much around here without driving into the city. And obviously, public transport is crap - it ain't no London!

Plus, it is EXTREMELY hard to find halal food around here! I'm not surprised though as it all French here.

Anum invited me over to hers for dinner. That was so cool of her! Just had dinner with her family; I guess she figured I miss home! I got to have Biryani :D You lot have NO IDEA how much I miss home food. I mean, I can cook and all but no one can cook as good as their mum!

Other than that I just sat in my room and watched shows, and studied. a bit.

Really want to see more of Canada so I'm going to try and plan trips around the cities. Probably to Ottawa, Quebec City and I'm already going to Toronto for 2-3 weeks to stay with family. Haven't seen them in ages! Super excited to see my grandparents esp! I have the coolest grandma, no lies.

I really wanted to go see them for Eid - they live in Pittsburgh which is only an 7-8 hour drive but I don't have a car; I don't even drive haha. The bus costs about $200-$300 and takes 18 hours. So that's not going to work is it? :(

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment