Pages

Thursday 12 September 2013

Studying Abroad Elsewhere


I went to the International Office at the Uni today to submit my passport, permit etc and was discussing what I will be doing for the next semester because I don't have a visa and so can only stay in Canada till Feb which means I won't be able to finish my year here. They proposed that I go back to England and apply for the Visa and then come back to Canada in time - but that is going to be too hectic and risky!

So I went home and gave a bit more thought to this; I have two options - a placement for the next semester or I study for half the year somewhere else. Had a discussion with my parents etc and also considered how hard it is to get a placement in law - been rejected by so many already! Thus, I have concluded that I should study somewhere in Europe for my next semester! I know, how exciting?! :D

This way, I will be more close to home - just a max of 3 hours plane ride and it'll be different from England and Canada - more exposure to another language and a completely different culture. So my 3 options are: Valencia (Spain), Madrid (Spain) or Milan (Itlay). To be honest, wherever I go, it will be amazing! This means I have to take up either Spanish or Italian alongside French so I have to enroll soon! I'lll probably take Spanish because it's more likely that I'll be going there :D

Ok, I'll stop with all the excited posting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment