Pages

Monday 23 September 2013

Back in Canada


Came back from New York last night and got home at about 12 30am! Exhausted would be an understatement to describe how I felt! Was on the coach for 10 hours, plus I didn't have the window seat so I wasn't able to sleep because I couldn't rest my head on anything! On top of that I had to go to class today.

Enough of the complaining - New York was pretty good! I loved the "thrill" of walking the streets of New York - Madison Avenue, 7th Avenue, Times Square etc etc.

So the first day we arrived 5 hours later than we were supposed to because the organisers didn't know what they were doing! Got to Times Square, have to admit - felt amazing! Then went on top of the Rock to see the whole city and it looked so nice at night. Roamed around the city for the rest of the day and after dinner it was limo time! :D So we toured the city in a limo for the next hour with 'Empire State of Mind - Alicia Keys' playing - was kinda fun :) Then it was home time! For us, this was all the way in New Jersey because that's where the hotel was booked (probably because it was cheaper).

Day 2 was Brooklyn Bridge, City Hall, 9/11 Memorial and a Ferry Ride to see the Statue of Liberty! That was a VERY long and tiring day. The final day consisted of The Grand Central Station, Central Park, Empire State Building and the famous New York Public Library. The station was amazing, just like the movies and so was Central Park which is HUGE.

But I was right, London & Paris. Better.

No comments:

Post a Comment