Pages

Thursday 29 August 2013

I'm here


Shattered is an understatement. I just got into my hostel room in Montreal for the night. That was around 18 hours of traveling that I just did! (including the car rides, connecting flight waiting time and flights) So where do I begin?

For starters, I was late to the airport - I got there at like 8.30am and my flight was at 9.45am. I went to check-in and apparently I was supposed to apply for some immigration thing to allow me to go to America as my connecting flight was from Michigan to Montreal so I (naturally) got really worried because they said I was supposed to do that 72 hours in advance. But I didn't have time to panic so I asked if I could fill it in there, and they let me.

After checking in I said goodbye to my family - of course I cried, I have never been so far away from them, ever. So after that I headed towards the departures and through security. They threw away ALL my make-up; it was SO depressing. Apparently we are only allowed one bag of make up per person and mine was worth four bags - oops.

I was the last passenger on the plane with four minutes to go and they decided to do a "random" baggage check-up even though I had just opened all my bags in security. Anyway, I got into the plane and found that I was given the middle seat between a middle-aged man on one side and a lady on the other. So I sat down and called my mum again for final goodbyes but after the phone call I sat there crying for an hour - literally.

After that I just got into my pj's (I brought them in my handbag), got into the blanket and started watching movies to pass time because I couldn't sleep and had to kill those 8 hours of flying time. The food was not nice, not nice at all. Bleugh.

As I got to America I had to go through immigration again and they decided to interview me. I'm not surprised, it was probably because of my race. He asked me my whole life story; my past, my present and future. Then he let me go. 6 hours waiting time (flight was delayed by an hour) - I had nothing to do. I called my family to let them know I'm okay and just kept walking around the airport - yes, with ALL my luggage. Then I found a restaurant and had an American style lunch. How exciting!

I finally got onto the next plane (with the window seat this time) and just watched us fly - the two hours flew by and I was finally at Montreal at 8.30pm (Montreal time). Got off the plane, went through Canadian immigration, took my luggage (thank God I didn't lose it!) and then made my way to the taxi point.

$40 CAD for a 10 min journey! I called my family in the taxi to let them know I've landed safe and sound. Got my hostel room key and came in to find that I have NO room to put my stuff because im sharing with five other girls; but I guess it isn't such a big deal as I'm only going to be here for the night. I feel suffocated though, there are clothes and suitcases EVERYWHERE and (me being a clean-freak) I just want to clean it all up. However, I am WAYYYY too tired to even move so I think I better doze off.

Lights out.


No comments:

Post a Comment