Pages

Monday 11 November 2013

Montreal




After spending two months here in Canada I finally leave Lennoxville for my first weekend away! I realised that this semester is coming to an end and it's about time to put the studies aside for a bit and go and explore a part of Canada..

I went to Montreal this weekend with Aurora and it was sooo good. I guess I liked it more because it's a city and Im a London girl! We left at around 6pm Firday as I have French class till 5pm every Friday :/

When we got to Montreal we checked into the hotel and went out for dinner to the "food street" St Denis; where I had mussels for the first time :o

The next day we went out for breakfast at this cosy cafe next to The Fountain after which we went to St Catherine St. which is the big shopping area. We were there for quite a while just window shopping and looking around. We then walked all the way to China town and had dinner there but this Chinatown wasn't all that - definitely nothing compared to the one in London.

Whilst having dinner we realised that we had spent the whole day but hadn't done much so we decided to go to the port and Old Montreal after dinner and I have to say that was my favourite part of the trip. Old Montreal was SO pretty - especially at night! We literally just walked around the streets for quite a while and then went back home.

Before we knew it, Sunday was already here which meant it was nearly time to go back! :( We still hadn't done the Mount Royal nor the Boutanique Gardens. After checking out we went to climb Mount Royal - it was a long walk to get from the metro station to the mount area first but it was longer to climb up the mountain - considering how l lazy I am! However, I have to say that it was all worth it! It was sooo cool watching over the whole city and it wasn't even that cold.

We had to go back to the hotel to pick up our luggage because we were getting a ride back from near the Boutanique Gardens. The gardens were soo pretty. They had these amazing statues I wanted to see but they'd taken them down for winter :( so it wasn't what I was hoping for but still awesome!

Eventually we had to leave Montreal but I had an amazing weekend and having an awesome friend with me made it even more amazing!

08/11/13 - 10/11/13

No comments:

Post a Comment